California: National Parks, Wildlife Sanctuaries May Complete Bucket List; More Than Just Hollywood
California is more than just Hollywood. Its real beauty lies beyond the picturesque city skyscrapers, monuments and landmarks, which are often found outside of the city limits. Its main attractions lie in the abundance of preserves, protected wildlife sanctuaries, and National Parks.
The following are some must-visit spectacular west coast destinations that may complete anyone's bucket list.
- La Jolla Cove, La Jolla Cove is San Diego's go-to spot for kayaking, diving, and snorkeling. It is California's biggest sea lion colony. La Jolla Cove is completely free and open to public access. Reportedly, no West Coast trip is complete without visiting the cove.
- Redwood Forest. California's Redwood Forest has the tallest trees on Earth. While the redwoods tower over the forest, also protected by the National Parks Service are the oak woodlands, rapid rivers, vast prairies, and over 40 miles of wild Pacific Ocean coastline.
- Channel Islands. Channel Islands National Park includes five remarkable isolated islands in the Pacific Ocean. They are worlds apart from the clamor of adjacent city life. It offers a wide variety of recreational opportunities including hiking, camping, kayaking, and wildlife encounters. A trip to the park is a brilliant way to experience coastal California.
- Yosemite Valley. Yosemite Valley is one of the most inspiring places anyone can see in his lifetime, Mapping Megan reported. One of the most photographed places on Earth, it boasts glaciers dating back 30 million years and waterfalls that are over 500 feet high. The valley also has oak and yellow pine forests, as well as vast meadows.
- Sequoia National Park. Sequoia National Park is the land of giants. It is known for its gigantic sequoia trees with the General Sherman Tree as one of the largest on the entire planet, Monumental Trees reported. Towering 275 feet over the ground, this iconic natural beauty is believed to be 2,500 years old.
California is full of inspiring natural wonders. It can provide travelers a wide variety of breathtaking landscapes, powerful locations and awe-inspiring panoramas. To many, the land is truly a fulfillment of dreams.